Offering emergency food bags, to support those in need
What we offer
Morningstar offers emergency food bags for those who are struggling with food insecurity. Ever wondered if you are facing food insecurity and whether you should consider reaching out to Morningstar for help? Check out our food insecurity checklist below.
Food insecurity checklist
- On a weekly basis I miss or skip meals because I do not have enough food.
- Sometimes I go more than one full day without eating.
- I rely on cheaper and less nutritious foods.
- In the past 12 months I have worried that the food I have will run out before I have enough money to buy more.
- In the past 12 months the food I bought did not last and I did not have money to buy more.
- In the past 12 months I have needed to rely on community services, neighbours, or family to provide enough food for the month.
If you checked yes to any of these questions, we would encourage you to reach out.
If you would like to inquire about receiving food from our food bank, please call 613-354-6355, or simply drop by on weekdays between 10:00am and 4:00pm. There must be a minimum of 1 month between food bank requests.
Morningstar Foodbank pick-up hours:
Tuesday’s 11:00am – 2:00pm
Wednesday’s 10:00am – 12:00pm
Thursday’s 11:00am – 2:00pm
For those in need of additional food bank services, please reach out to Napanee Salvation Army. They are a registered food bank that is completely separate from Morningstar Mission.
Interested in donating non-perishable food items?